4.05.2009

Coyote Trouble


I learned something during a short and unwanted stay in Phoenix due to a missed connecting flight. We were talking to the shuttle driver taking us back to the airport early in the morning and were enlightened by three findings.

First, when asked “if you were going to do something in Phoenix, where on that list would you put attending a Coyotes game?” The answer was “umm probably right after dying.”

Next the driver enlightened us by saying “I think that if your state does not naturally produce ice then you should not have a hockey team.” This was followed by “I have lived in Phoenix for 4 years and for the first 3, I thought the Coyotes were a minor league baseball team.”

Now obviously I citizen does not make a city, however, if this is the general though through the city I assume the Coyotes are in deep trouble as a franchise

No comments: